Re: [Xen-API] how to use credit scheduler in xcp

On 05/24/2011 11:05 AM, George Shuklin wrote:
No, you can use xl/xc with xapi.

They are not *advised* as Mike said.

It's always better to use the proper xe api commands, for portability on XCP. Even some of the command you mentioned as "safe" might have bad side effects for xapi (console, and pause actually) or weird unexpected result in a pool.

Python binding for xc is installed for python in XCP (import
xen.lowlevel.xc), and xl is avaible.

XCP provides /opt/xensource/debug/xenops too.
xl might or might not be available related to different XCP flavors..

I think, after XCP was published under free license, we can say it
starts to loosing it 'closed appliance' appearance: you can hack it any
comfortable way until you know what you do.

You're absolutely right, however you'll be on your own support-wise if you start messing with stuff behind xapi's back.

--
Vincent