Re: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] XCP and XenCenter

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lars Seeliger <meesterlars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:58:33 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:59:26 -0800

Thanks for the feedback, Tomoiaga. If what you say is true, I'm somewhat disappointed, as I really expected complete compatibility with XenCenter.

I've not been able to find the info you referred to - replaying the version in the xapi file - as I've never used freenode and don't really know where to start. Care to give me a link?

On 15 February 2011 17:55, Tomoiaga Cristian <cristi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The features like Snapshots, Memory a.o. do not appear because XenCenter treats XCP as being a very old version of XenServer (XenServer 1.0 I believe).
If you install the XenServer 5.6fp1 drivers inside one VM and change the version of XCP from 1.0 to 5.6 all features will appear and everything will work. Unfortunately this is not a very good solution but just for testing you can search on the history for #xen-api on freenode in order to find out how to replace 1.0 with 5.6 in the xapi binary file. Other then that, installing the XenServer drivers inside an XCP VM should be easy.
Come on guys it's a simple fix, report different versions if Xencenter connects to xapi, please!