[Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] About OpenNebula and XCP integration Pt2

  • To: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tino Vazquez <tinova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:46:31 +0100
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 04:06:45 -0800

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for the hint, I've added myself to the xen-api list. I'll
repeat my questions here for clarity shake:

* Is it possible to add users other than with Active Directory? How
can I achieve that using the API? Is it possible to do so xi "xe"?
* Is it possible to create a VM from previously existing VDIs? What
parameters should I fill? In my tests, the created VM doesn't find the
hard disk, these are my steps:

    * Create vm with xe vm-create
    * Attach a disk via XenCenter (how can I perform this operation with xe?)
    * Set a PV-kernel (do it need  to be in /boot/guest/?)

* Do I need to create VMs off templates?
* Can I attach a CDROM device using xe?

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, MSc
OpenNebula Major Contributor  / Cloud Researcher