[Xen-API] XCP 1 Beta - recovering from the vdi is not available without destroying san connection

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Chris Percol <chris.percol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:40:19 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 09:40:35 -0800

Hi,

We have been testing our xcp 1 setup connected to an iscsi san (qsan).

If we pull the plug on the system and start up the san while xcp is nearly done booting xen looses the connection to the san (as it would).

If we repair the san sr connection in xencenter all seems to go well. However, we can not start vms with the error 'the vdi is not available' from the san.

The only workaround we have found so far is to destroy the san connection and re-attach the disks (which now have no metadata).

I am hoping someone can suggest a better fix as this wouldn't be ideal in a scenario were bad stuff, like power issues, reboots the servers?

I had a look at lvchange but couldn't see a solution that would get my vms booting again and recover from 'the vdi is not available' issue.

Many thanks,

Chris