[Xen-API] New Xen.org Community Manager

Folks,

I'm pleased and excited to announce that Lars Kurth will be joining Xen.org as
the new Community Manager. We were fortunate to have a number of very strong
applicants for the post, and it's been a long process with many meetings
involving lots of folk in the community. Through all the interviews, everyone
was very enthusiastic about Lars, and it's great that we've been able to
appoint him. Lars has lots of experience helping to organize and promote open
source communities, and I'm sure we'll benefit greatly from that experience.
I've appended a brief introduction from Lars, who will be starting in
mid-January.

Many thanks to everyone that helped with the interviews and suggested
candidates!

Best,
Ian

Hi, my name is Lars Kurth and I am looking forward to be the new community
manager for Xen.org. In the last 9 years I have worked with various open source
communities (Symbian, Symbian DevCo, Eclipse, GNU) and have developed a great
passion for working in or with open source communites. My career has been quite
diverse, covering roles such as community manager for Symbian, product manager,
chief architect, engineering manager and software developer. This enabled me to
learn to solve and understand many different business and community problems:
such as building and leading virtual engineering teams, planning and executing
change programs impacting 1000+ users and developing marketing and
communications programs. I have mostly worked on different aspects of tooling
and development infrastructure for silicon and mobile vendors helping
developers be more effective.  In any case, I don't want to bore you too much:
if you want to know more check out my LinkedIn profile on
uk.linkedin.com/in/larskurth

Personally, I have a wide range of interests such as literature, theatre,
cinema, cooking and gardening. I am particularly fascinated by orchids and
carnivorous plants and has built a rather large collection of plants from all
over the world which I grow in a small greenhouse. My love for plants extends
into a passion for travel: I emjoy travelling to exotic places to see plants
grow in their native habitats.

I won't start at Xen.org for a few weeks. If you see me on-line on

*       LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/larskurth
*       Twitter @ lars_kurth <https://twitter.com/lars_kurth>
*       My community blog @ talesfromthecommunity.wordpress.com
*       Skype @ lars.kurth

Drop me a line and say hello. And I am looking forward to work with you in the
New Year.

Lars