RE: [Xen-API] Building with source on github (and pull requests)

  • To: 'Anil Madhavapeddy' <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:22:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: Magnus Therning <Magnus.Therning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-API List <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:23:13 -0800

> Unfortunately, only some of the repositories required to do a full XCP
> ISO build appear to be open-source at the moment, so it'll take more
> than a tutorial...

This is true. I think we're missing a bunch of unpackaged dom0 scripts (we
really need to package those) plus vncterm plus the host installer-- can you
think of anything else? We should probably consider dropping vncterm and
replacing it with qemu's text console. That would leave the scripts + the
installer.

I think if we get the rough shape of an ideal XCP ISO build mapped out
(something like: use 'mock' to generate binary RPMs from SRPMs; use 'rpmchroot'
+ 'mkisofs' + ? to build CD) then the act of "debugging" that would cause us to
tidy up, package and publish all the remaining bits 'n pieces IYSWIM :)

Cheers,
Dave