[Xen-API] [XCP] Looking to sponsor someone to create a new SR

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Adrian Costin <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:16:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 08:15:05 -0700

Hi,

We’re planning on deploying a few servers using XCP and NexentaStor for ISCSI based storage. We’ve looked at using the lvmoiscsi model, however it doesn’t take advantage of all the ZFS features. Also if we use the LUNperVDI driver we will have tons of SR (one per VM) which will be too complicated to manage, not to mention the fact that snapshotting and cloning VDIs will have to be handled manually.

Nexenta comes with a HTTP based API so I think creating a SR for it will be fairly easy. I found the following documentation on creating a SR for XCP and the NexentaStor API documentation:

http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/storage.pdf

http://www.nexenta.com/static/NexentaStor-API.html

http://www.nexenta.com/static/NexentaStor-API.html

Since I’m only a Python beginner and also don’t have a lot of time on my hands currently, I’m wondering if someone would be interested in taking on this project and releasing the work as Open Source. I know this is not on XCP’s roadmap so we are looking at sponsoring the project. We can also provide a test/development environment (XCP server and NexentaStor server) for the interested party.

Best regards,

Adrian Costin