[Xen-API] Xen-API: XMLRPC Documentation

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Yueyu Lin <yueyu.lin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:29:27 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:29:41 -0700

Hi, all
   I have done some research over the interfaces of Xen(XCP). I found this page
to introduce the history of API: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/API_History
   If I understand correctly, both xend and xapi have implemented the server
side(host side) service. The client side(management tools) just sends the
XML-RPC requests to either xend or xapi.
   My question is : I can only find xapi documentation describes the API in
Ocaml way. I have no clue how to compose the XML-RPC and get the response. If
my understanding is correct, I don't
need to learn ocaml to use xapi since I only need to send XML-RPC requests to
host that means I can use every language I like.
   I think if the xend and xapi need to implement the service, they should have
the XML-RPC documentation first. Can someone point me the location of the whole
XML-RPC documentation so that
I can write my own client program to access and manage the XCP hosts.
   Thanks a lot!