[Xen-API] XenAPI, xapi toolstack, XendAPI, XL

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:22:21 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:22:34 -0700

I feel myself little lost. I'm trying to figure relationship between
components of xen (it tools). Please, correct me if I wrong.

XenAPI: XML-PRC via HTTP between xm and xend. Provided by xend, can be
used by anyone. Xend wroted in Python, used in standalone xen
installation (within Debian, RHEL, etc).

XAPI toolstack - some kind of wraper for XenAPI, wroted in OCaml, used
in XCP.

And here questions: is XAPI and XenAPI same thing? (And what is
XendAPI?). If XAPI toolstack and XenAPI same thing, does OCaml code
reimplement XenAPI? Or reuse xend code?

I hear about some other library to interact with xen: XL (libxl). But I
could not find any documentation outside source code in xen-unstable.hg.

Please, help.