Re: [Xen-users] New XCP Management Tool

OpenXENCenter is not a web based application

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2010/8/3 Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>

XCP Users:

I received an email from Alberto Gonzalez Rodriguez who created OpenXenCenter/OpenXenManager and is now working on OpenXenWebManager.  Info to access the tool is:

steps to test are:

download from http://bit.ly/bres2U

uncompress: tar xvfz xenwebmanager_rev24_full.tar.gz cd xenwebmanager python frontend.py

and with a browser open http://localhost:8080 (or http://ip:8080) you need chrome or firefox (i prefer the first)

Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager

T: (772) 621-5062 | M: (954) 854-4257

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx

http://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr

Network World Open Source Exposed Blog

And how does this differ from OpenXenCenter because isn't that web driven too? It seems that everyone on this list has created a Xen Management tool (myself included). So my question would be why not finish OpenXenCenter instead of creating yet another project?

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.