Re: [Xen-API] [xen-api-libs.hg:PATCH 0 of 2] Uuid stuff.

On 03/08/10 12:05, Jonathan Knowles wrote:
>> Here is a new version of the patch to xen-api-libs.hg:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>   (** Create a fresh UUID *)
>>   val make_uuid : unit ->  'a t
>> +val make_uuid_prng : unit ->  'a t
>> +val make_uuid_urnd : unit ->  'a t
>> +val make_uuid_rnd : unit ->  'a t
>
> I recommend adding some ocamldoc comments in the mli file, to
> explain the semantics.

Yes, that is the plan, but tradition dictates that I postpone documenting it
as long as possible ;-)

> Looking at the interface on its own, I'd guess that:
>
>> +val make_uuid_prng : unit ->  'a t
>
> This one comes from a pseudo-random number generator.
>
>> +val make_uuid_urnd : unit ->  'a t
>
> This one comes straight from /dev/urandom
>
>> +val make_uuid_rnd : unit ->  'a t
>
> This one comes straight from /dev/random
>
> Are my guesses correct?

Yes, you are correct!

Cheers,

Magnus Therning
magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          Jabber: magnusth@eng

There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language
in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs.
     -- Flon's Axiom