[Xen-API] xapi accepting commands before being fully up

It seems that xapi is up and accepting commands before everything is actually ready yet. I have a script that will wait for a host to boot by pinging and then testing listening on the ssh port; when it succeeds, the host should be up and ready.

However, if I write a command that runs that script, and then immediately tries to start a VM on that host, I get this error message:
---
There are no suitable hosts to start this VM on.
The following table provides per-host reasons for why the VM could not be started:

exile : Cannot start here [Host disabled (use 'xe host-enable' to re-enable)]
---

Subsequent attempts succeed.

It seems like xapi should either wait until all local hosts are up before accepting vm-start commands, or if they get a command that depends on certain hosts, it should wait for them to be enabled.

I think if that's not easy to do, maybe a "wait-for-host-to-be-initialized" command... :-)

 -George