[Xen-API] XCP - additional ovs testing?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ben Pfaff <blp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:26:56 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:27:17 -0700

[This was originally on xen-devel.  I'm resending to xen-api at a
suggestion from Goncalo Gomes, who thought this might be a better place
to ask.  My apologies if you've already read it.]

I noticed an item on the most recent XCP meeting minutes, "vSwitch -
needs more testing".  As one of the OVS developers, I'm curious what
kind of additional testing is needed.  Perhaps I can get our QA guys to
add some more tests to what they do already, or I can ask them whether
we can give out a description of the testing we do.  Currently we
internally test XenServer, but not XCP, but I imagine that some of the
tests are still useful.