[Xen-API] templates for RHEL 5.4 systems

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ashok Basapur <ashok.basapur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:51:35 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 01:51:32 -0800

Hi Team,

Is there a template available for RHEL 5.4, as i have Xen Server 5.5 and have been tasked to provide RHEL 5.4 systems, the issue is i can build the VM with the available RHEL 5.3X64/Other media templates, however to overcome the CPU/Disk limitation we have to install XEN Server Tools for Linux machines. Ideally there are 2 packages that get installed with the XENSERVER tools. Since the install.sh script could not identify the rhel5.4 distro, we manually installed both the “rpms“ found in the RHEL sub-directory present in the xstools.iso. Once the installation of the XenServer Tools was completed we tried rebooting the VM, using the modified kernel. Unfortunately the VM did not boot and did even come to the boot loader screen.

Hence could you let me know if there is any available templates for the RHEL 5.4 that I can use under Xen Server 5.5.

Thanks,

Ashok