[Xen-API] stdext compilation on macos x

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:28:58 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:29:05 -0800

The following (dirty) patch lets stdext compile on MacOS X; its not intended for inclusion. The two failing bits are the bindings for:

- statfs(3) is quite different on Darwin and has different interfaces depending on whether 64-bit inodes are defined or not. It would easier to skip it entirely. I noticed that there are no consumers of the Unixext.statfs binding in xen-api.hg; do other repos use it or can it be GCed?

- What's the story with the signal state dumping to a /tmp file in sigutil_stub.c ; was that from "historical" XAPI crashes in XenRT? That's also importable due to different siginfo_t and it would be easier if removed if the debugging is no longer needed.

- I notice a comment in uuid/ which uses /dev/urandom instead of /dev/ random since its too slow. Is there anything wrong with replacing this with the Random module (with a Random.self_init it should be random and fast enough).

-ani