Re: [Xen-API] Unlisted error message CREATE_UNSPECIFIED_ATTRIBUTE

  • To: Leonelli Mauro <m.leonelli@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Christopher Winslett <christopherwinslett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:18:30 -0500
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:18:52 -0700

First off, networks don't take a "default_netmask" or "default_gateway".  They are simply VLANS connected to a PIF (physical interface) on the host.

I use Ruby for my demoing, and I've included a sample below.  If you can install Ruby, I've got a solution for finding answers.  Else, I'm out.  Of course on the following example, I've left out A LOT of possible steps, but you can see the basics.  Use the XEN Enterprise API documentation to find the commands.  After you install Ruby, run the following from command prompt:

# Run this from the command prompt, it will start the Interactive Ruby shell
irb

# Import the XMLRPC/Client library
require 'xmlrpc/client'

# For the following, insert the URL for your Connection
s = XMLRPC::Client.new2("https://localhost")

# Get your Session ID, use your API username and password
sid = s.call("session.login_with_password", "username", "password")["Value"]

# Get a Network ID
network_id = s.call("network.get_all_records", sid)["Value"].keys.first

# Get the Network Information
s.call("network.get_record", sid, network_id)

# Create a New Newtork
new_network_id = s.call("network.create", sid, {:name_label => "Test Network", :name_description => "Testing - Please Delete Later", :other_config => {}})["Value"]

# Get New Network information
s.call("network.get_record", sid, new_network_id)

# Delete New Network
s.call("network.destroy", sid, new_network_id)