Re: [Xen-API] Re: C bindings?

  • From: "Henning Sprang" <henning.sprang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:02:03 +0200
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:02:12 -0700

> There's no documentation on using the Xen API in C?

As far as I see, there has in general never been too much, easy
accessible documentation about the XenAPI and how it can be used, with
working examples - I even saw XenSource employees speaking at
conferences showing python code examples that I knew didn't even work
because I had tried exactly that code some weeks before...

The only things that always existed was the XML-RPC API docs.
I believe I saw some efforts of people working on making it better, or
maybe starting another concept of a new API or something.

I'd use libvirt for virtualization programming if I'd about to start a
project these days. If you don't want that, you could still look at
libvirt and check if they use proper C XenAPI code for their xen
interfacing.

Or, you might find some stuff in the free(of cost) available developer
kits for XenServer products.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang