Re: [Xen-API] More specific questions about creating a domU via the API

  • From: Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:34:31 +0100
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:32:08 -0700

Xend doesn't manage the storage yet, I'm afraid, so it has to be done manually.

Once you have created you LVM partition, you need to create (via the API) a VDI (virtual disk image) to represent it. Do this with VDI.create(...), an example of the params is in the xenapi_create.py file in xm/.

Once you have a VDI, you must create a VBD to attach it to a VM. You VBD.create to do this, again examples in the xenapi_create.py file.

Then, it should work!

Cheers

Tom