Re: [Xen-API] Changes to the API

  • From: Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:49:55 +0100
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 06:47:29 -0700

Rich

the wiki states that the API should not be considered final, yet.
I wanted to ask what areas are still undergoing development
and what parts could be considered stable.

Ah I think they may be a bit out of date. Xen 3.1 implements version 1.0 of the API, and (within the constraints of an open source project) we intend to keep this API stable.

I also wanted to ask
if anyone has an idea about a rough ETA and/or roadmap for the
final release of the API specs.

The final API specs (version 1.0) can be found on the wiki, and are included in xen-unstable.hg in the docs directory.

Finally, I wanted to ask what API version XEN 3.1 implements.

Any future development of the API will have to be done in a backwards compatible way. Right now I'm quite busy, but when I do get a chance to come back to it we have a whole new set of security classes to add (from IBM) and some general fixes etc.

Cheers

Tom