Re: [Xen-API] trying to get some data out of XenAPI

Tom Wilkie wrote:
> The python API works reflectively, so it doesn't actually declare any of
> the api.

Yeah, I imagined that.

> I don't think theres any documentation, but if you look in
> tools/python/xen/xm/main.py it should show see how xm sets up its xenapi
> connection.

I'll look at this code - it might help.

>  And theres the language independent XenAPI docs in
> docs/xen-api or on the wiki.

Yes, I a, trying to do that. the RPC docd give me a vague idea on how
the data structures look like anbd how I might be able to access them,
but in reality it's a lot of fiddling to get to the data I want.

Doesn't look like these bindings will get many good friends in the
programmers world in this state.

> If you want to get started quickly I wrote some java bindings with a
> simple example and javadocs which might help -
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~tw275/

I like Java very much and will look at these when writing other
management tools - but for a nagios plugin java might not be the right
thing... at least not to be called directly.

Maybe I should look at the perl bindings, but I usually try to avoid
Perl (just a matter of personal taste).

Henning