[Xen-API] Enumeration of PBDs

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 14:59:31 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 02 May 2007 11:58:41 -0700

I was looking for a function that would allow to enumerate the physical block devices (PBDs) on a host.  Since I could not find a function and the PBD class does not seem to cover it, I was wondering whether it might be a generally useful one - at least I would find it practical to have for multiple-choice reasons when building a VM. One parameter could be a regular _expression_ that filters all devices found in '/dev' and subdirs.

device_list = host.enumerate_devices(regex)

   Stefan