Re: [Xen-API] New API Document and C Bindings

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:50:54AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> > In that case I would suggest introducing a privileged flag for the VM
> > classes. Maybe that ends up being a distinguishing factor between VMs like
> > dom-0, driver domains and other guests.
>
> Except that its not really representative of what's going on - it implies
> a discrete set of privilege levels can be assigned to domains. Domains

More generally it sounds like their needs to be two classes, one a sub-class of
the other. Certain things (vcpu pinnings, resource utilisation data) belong in
the superclass, other stuff in the other. Certainly the API would need to allow
people to identify what /kind/ of domain a particular representation is.

regards
john