Re: [win-pv-devel] Hi, a question about the checksum offload and WinDivert

De-html-ing (again)...

From: Haohao Lee [mailto:hayatelee@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 November 2018 18:21
To: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] Hi, a question about the checksum offload and
WinDivert

[snip]
> > offload (But our problem only occurs for TCP)
> > http://images.githubusercontent.com/238419/47770931-46b6ad80-dd1c-11e8-8010-
> > 42d05baf018b.png
>
> Ok, that tells me you are not using Xen Project PV drivers. Where did you get
> your PV drivers from?
> > It should be from Citrix Virtual Desktop solution. Here is a screenshot of
> > the driver version
>
> >https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/238419/47770995-8087b400-dd1c-11e8-894b-9fd0c2188732.png

No, those drivers are nothing to do with Citrix. They are a set of drivers
written for Windows guests running on upstream Xen with source released under
the GPL, making them impossible to get logo signed by Microsoft... so unusable
for Citrix customers in general. See
https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_FAQ_Drivers,_Windows.

> > Can I use Xen Project PV drivers for Citrix Products for they are still Xen
> > Server based anyway?

The Xen Project PV drivers are indeed derived from drivers written by myself
and my colleagues at Citrix. They were originally just for XenServer but we
made them open source (with BSD license to avoid logo signing issues) and they
are now designed to work well on a vanilla upstream Xen installation as well as
under XenServer, so you should have no problem using them in either
environment. If you are running XenServer though then you really have no reason
not to use the Citrix branded version of the drivers that come on the
installation media.

For more information see the project front page at
https://xenproject.org/developers/teams/windows-pv-drivers.html and you can
find the latest set of (Linux Foundation) signed drivers at
http://xenbits.xen.org/pvdrivers/win/8.2.1.

> > Thanks for you kind response so far.

No problem. Please note that neither the Xen Project or XenServer drivers are
compatible with the GPLPV drivers so you will need to completely purge those
drivers from your VM (and return to using emulated hardware) *before*
attempting to install new drivers.

  Cheers,

    Paul