Re: [win-pv-devel] Windows 10 domU is unstable with PV Bus Driver

Well, seeing a RangeSetPop: fail2 actually just means a range set it out of
space. That's why you then see the follow-up GnttabExpand line (because the
range set in question was the grant table). So, you're likely see a few of
these sequences but you know things have gone wrong then the number in the
square brackets on the MAP XENMAPSPACE_grant_table line reaches the limit of
your grant frames, so I assume you saw it hit 32 before and then everything
stopped. Setting to 128 should give you enough head-room for a few multi-page
storage rings and multi-queue networks.

> BTW, what is a "bleeding edge" Xen for you? Because I'm with 4.9 and I
> can't think it is possible to set that on a per-guest basis.

By bleeding edge I mean a recent build of the master branch of xen.git, so a
4.10 rc as it stands. With such a build you can now set the grant table frame
limit on a per-guest basis; see
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=docs/man/xl.cfg.pod.5.in;hb=HEAD#l533.

> Thanks again
> M.