[win-pv-devel] Next signed release - support for readonly disks?

  • To: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Chris McClymont <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 18:19:12 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 01:19:20 +0000

Hi everyone,

Support for readonly disks was fixed in xenvbd commit
3bb41b49ff66433ab5ebb5d36d24946f40390d7c. When is this likely to make
it into a signed release?

I'm working on Windows templates for Xen and would love to use the
newer Xen Project drivers signed by the Linux Foundation, rather than
the EJB Digital or others floating around. But I have a requirement to
support readonly disks, which don't work in the 8.2.0 release.
Readonly disks appear in device manage only when emulated, and
disappear (even with Show Hidden Devices) after the PV drivers are
installed.

The commit I mentioned is somewhere between 8.2.0 and master.
Previously, pdo.c would set ScsiStatus to SCSI_ABORT if
(DiskInfo->DiskInfo & VDISK_READONLY). Now, pdo.c is called target.c
and the commit removes the readonly limitation.

I'm wondering a few things:
  1) When is this commit likely to make it into a signed release
  2) Is there a roadmap? I.e. How is it decided when to make releases
and which features/fixes to include
  3) How can I search this mailing list? It doesn't seem to be
included on http://xen.markmail.org/search/

Thanks,
Chris McClymont