Re: [win-pv-devel] xen pv drivers 8.2 creating eventid 6 error on 2012 R1

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick update and good to hear.

From: Paul Durrant [mailto:Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 9:13 AM
To: 'Brandon Shoemaker' <brandon.shoemaker@xxxxxxxxx>; win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [win-pv-devel] xen pv drivers 8.2 creating eventid 6 error on 2012 R1

Hi Brandon,

  I can reproduce easily, with just XENBUS installed. As I suspected, it is because we are calling ZwFlushKey() early in boot. The fact that it fails is not necessarily a problem (which is why the code ignores the return value of the function) but the fact that it logs is annoying. I have found a (somewhat hacky) way to detect early boot so I can prevent the log entry from appearing. I’ll post patches soon, but these will only go into master. The log entry does not indicate any breakage in the 8.2 drivers though so you can safely ignore it.

  Paul