Re: [win-pv-devel] Network card speed

If your hardware/environment can handle > 1GBit/s, then your throughput should be capable of reaching > 1GBit/s

I’ve not tried the gplpv myself, but it should be possible to get similar (or better) speeds with winpv. Winpv reports a 1GBit link, but will use all the available capacity.

Owen

From: Alexis Pellicier
Sent: 03 May 2017 07:45
To: Owen Smith
Cc: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] Network card speed

Sorry for the late following.

What do you mean by "suitable environment" ?
The only thing I did is switching from gplpv to winpv. The hardware environment didn't change.

The reported speed is a constant that the GPLPV drivers define at 10GBit/s, and the WinPV 8.2 use 1GBit/s.

Actual speeds should not be limited by this value (I.e. you will be able to get > 1GBit/s with WinPV 8.2 with a suitable environment).

Owen