Re: [win-pv-devel] analysis of dumps (load+stability tests result: Event 129 xenvbd)

I am currently testing older Xen versions to see if Xen is the actual problem. Since my very stable version of GPLPV also crashed with Xen 4.8.0, I currently assume there is some problem with Xen 4.8.0.

Regards Andreas

On 07.02.2017 11:06, Paul Durrant wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Kinzler [mailto:hfp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 February 2017 10:01
To: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: analysis of dumps (load+stability tests result: Event 129 xenvbd)

Hello Paul,

did you had a chance to look into my debug.zip for hang analysis?

Regards Andreas

Hi Andreas,

   There's no particular clue as to why your Windows guest went into an
infinite reset loop. It does not appear that there is anything outstanding in
any of the queues or the shared ring. Without basic SRB ingress/egress counters
though I can't tell why Windows believes that we have failed to complete
something.
   I do note from the log that the stack has passed down many many trim
requests. It might be an idea to disable trim and see if things get more stable.

   Paul