[win-pv-devel] Windows PV Drivers

Hi all,

I'm really confused with the current state of the Windows PV Drivers. AFAICT, there are/were 4 different versions: 1) GPL PV drivers (seem to be the original and current stable/commonly used version) signed versions from meadowcourt 2) EJB Digital (seem to be forked from GPL PV, for a time fixed various problems, but since 2014 no development, and not available) had signed drivers 3) XenServer Windows PV drivers, I've never used these, and assume they are signed, only work with XenServer, and restricted license. Don't see mention of these in most of the open source xen windows driver pages. 4) Xen Project Windows PV Driver sub project seems to be working on drivers - http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_FAQ_Drivers,_Windows "This project has taken the the XenServer Windows PV Drivers, re-written them and contributed them to the Xen Project." Currently don't seem to have any signed versions available, seems to be new and potentially unstable (how much was re-written? why? unknown, not explained on the FAQ)

Can anyone explain what is the current status of these projects?

Of specific interest to me, I'm currently using either xen 4.1 or xen 4.4 (from debian packages) with Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012R2. Which driver version and project is best (most stable, with best performance) for those variations?
How will this change in future?
Where is current development efforts?
If multiple projects are "current" what is the reason (benefit) in maintaining those multiple implementations of the "same" thing?

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au