Re: [win-pv-devel] USB driver

Hello Paul,

Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 6:44:54 AM, you wrote:

<snip>
>> Is anyone working on a PV USB driver?
>>

> Unfortunately I don't believe anyone is working on a PV USB driver.
> I would certainly welcome it if someone did though...

>> Can we achieve this via qemu?
>>

> Maybe. Documentation suggests that the -usbdevice option can be
> used to assign a host USB device to a guest.

<snip>

As far as I can see from the QEMU documentation, we can push through a
USB  device  (telephone,  etc), but not the USB hub itself. This means
that  I would have to have a process running in Dom0 monitoring device
insertion  and  hot-configuring  QEMU.  Not  sure  if  QEMU allows hot
configuring.

I'll  pull  down  the  old GPLPV drivers and see what I can get out of
there.  Supposedly  splice  protocol allows USB forwarding, has anyone
tried it?

Regards.

--
Best regards,