Re: [win-pv-devel] Removing old glpv windows drivers to install new -> inaccessible boot device

  • To: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: ÃliÃs TamÃs <et@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:57:41 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:05:29 +0000

Hi.

I could successfully boot into safe mode, then used bcdedit for
testsigning and now the installer worked (interesting that installing
the pfx files previously did not make any difference). The install went
fine, I could reboot. Unfortunately since then (it is more then 8 hours
now) I'm facing the attached screen. The animation is just rolling,
rolling rolling and nothing happens. CPU ticks are used, so I assume
something is happening, but it seemes pretty much stuck.

I think I will try what you recommended to remove all old/new drivers
completely and then I might be able to revert back to the old glpv drivers.

I received an other response on xen-users, where someone is facing the
same problem, so it does not seem to exceptional.