[win-pv-devel] Parameterization vendor prefix and PCI device id

Hi,

  My recent set of patches (one for each driver) to parameterize the device
name vendor prefix and vendor PCI device id have a knock on effect on
compatibility between drivers. This, however, is with good reason...

  There was a recent incident where Windows PV drivers were accidentally posted
to Windows Update (not by Citrix) using binding names in use by Citrix
XenServer. To avoid this sort of accident it seems prudent to parameterize the
names and these patches do that.
  The default vendor prefix has been set to 'XP' (Xen Project) rather than 'XS'
(XenServer). Citrix will continue to use the 'XS' prefix by setting it at build
time, but for Xen Project development builds this means drivers built after
these patches are applied will not be compatible with those before. The
bindings for the XenServer vendor PCI device are also no longer hardcoded but
this is unlikely to have an effect on most people unless they have been
deliberately specifying this device in their VM config.
  I am also intending to back-port all the patches to the 8.1 branch and tag a
new rc in the near future. I will mail out once the patches are there and the
branches are tagged. With any luck I can also get rc builds posted to xenbits
in the near future; that may require a little infrastructure tweaking though.

  Cheers,

    Paul