[win-pv-devel] PDO revision numbers

Hi,

  In testing, it has become apparent that there is a PDO namespace clash
between the Xen Project PV drivers and their immediate ancestor; the XenServer
7.x PV drivers. To avoid this I propose to change the PDO revision scheme
slightly:

The upper byte (i.e. first to appear a textual representation) of the PDO
revision will encode the major version number of the bus driver that creates it.

This means, of course, that moving to a new driver major number will
immediately invalidate any child driver binding, but I imagine that's almost
certainly something that changing the driver major number *should* do.

If anyone has any issues with this then please shout.

  Paul