Re: [win-pv-devel] Porting libvchan to use the Windows PV Drivers

  • To: RafaÅ WojdyÅa <omeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 08:32:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 May 2015 08:33:11 +0000

[snip]
> >> BTW, if you want to post RFC patches I'm happy to look them
> >> over.
>
> Sure. My current code lies here: https://github.com/omeg in winpv-*
> repos. Some commits are not very clean and as said, it's not tested
> extensively. One thing I don't like is the need to have a global Fdo
> pointer for the process notification routine since it doesn't get any
> context parameters. I might change the cleanup model to use pending
> IOs as discussed, we'll see.

That may well be cleaner, and will give you context. There's no nice way of
using PsSetCreateProcessNotifyRoutine to get context really. The best I could
think of was using a table of functions for the notify routines such that, on
being called they could look at eip/rip to get an offset from the base of the
table which could then be used to calculate an index into another table that
holds context pointers.

  Paul