Re: [Minios-devel] [Unikraft] Support for KVM on ARM

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the continued support.

> Unikernels could potentially run on baremetal. Are you looking at multiple
> unikernels on the same platform? If it is only one, the virtualization is
> probably not the right solution.
>
>> The idea of this study is to understand and compare between unikernels
>> and containers in an embedded platform.
>
> What exactly do you want to compare? If it is performance, then you want to
> get as close as what people would run. Assuming you platform to run multiple
> unikernels, then likely you want to get a platform with virtualization
> because this is what most of end user will use.

As you are already aware that we have been investigating quite a bit
for different options, and given the current state, would be happy if
we are able to achieve the following :

a)
Running one unikernel on arm32 in baremetal mode, without an underlying OS.

b)
Running multiple unikernels on arm64 with xen-hypervisor.

So, given the current state, how would you suggest we proceed?

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay