[Minios-devel] Some queries regarding Unikraft on x86/arm

Hi All.

It's pretty clear that PV-guests on ARM are not the way to go (neither there are any plans for support of PV-guests on ARM), primarily because of the following reasons :

       * Too much complexity in OS code while booting up, and in general.
       * Security issues (Meltdown).

So, rumprun, as of now is unusable for ARM, because rumprun is built with PV-guests in mind.

So, that leaves us with Unikraft.
So, kindly confirm :

a)
Unikraft (for arm32) is built using HVM mode, and will _only_ work with processors that have hardware-virtualization enabled, right?

b)
Unikraft (for x86) also uses HVM mode, and works _only_ with processors that have hardware-virtualization enabled, right?
Or Unikraft works/can-work using PV mode?

I think with the above two resolutions, we can be sure to zero-in on Unikraft for running unikernels.

Many thanks to everyone who have helped, big thanks to Julien (<julien.grall@xxxxxxx>) !!

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay