Re: [Xen-users] Domain-0

On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 15:49 +0000, Chris Arnold wrote:
> We use sles12 and just updated to sp1 late last night. Before the update,
> we had 2 xen vm's (libvirt). After the update to sp1, we now have a 3rd
> vm and it is called domain-0. I can not connect to it to see what it is
> but I can view details on the vm. Domain-0 is using all but 2gb of RAM
> and the physical OS and both vm's are almost non-responsive!
>
> My question is what is this extra vm and can I safely shut it down and
> delete it?

See the first hit on google for "xen domain 0" which isÂhttp://wiki.xenproj
ect.org/wiki/Dom0Â. It is the control domain, i.e. the thing which is
launched by Xen on boot where the tools reside, I think it is probably what
you are referring to as the "physical OS".Â

It is very much a required part of the system. As to why it only showed up
now I don't know (it's possible older libvirt shielded you from it) and
what that has to do with your performance issues neither. I'd suggest that
you persist with SLES support.