Re: [Xen-users] [Pkg-xen-devel] Xen 4.4 packaging.

Il 18/05/2014 20:11, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
Il 17/05/2014 18:54, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
Il 03/05/2014 11:30, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 14:05 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Hi waldi,
>
> Are you planning to update the Xen package too 4.4 soon? Upstream have > released 4.4-rc6 and AIUI are planning to release the final version next > week (I've been out of the office for a bit, so I don't know the precise
> state, but that was the last I heard).
>
> I would like to send patches to enable the build on ARM but this relies > on 4.4. I'm happy to do the upgrade first and send you patches if you
> would prefer.

In the meantime 4.4.0 has been released and it seems like Stefan has
done most of the hard work to update the packaging in Ubuntu. I'd like
to get this into Jessie sooner rather than later. Do you object to me
working on this at some point?

Ian.
Yes Ubuntu xen 4.4 packages can be a start, I think also that is good remove more debian/patches possible to make faster future updates.
I already reported here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xen/+bug/1297224
At least 3 pathes can be already removed and use configure values instead. Probably there are also other things that can be fixed and/or improved upstream instead always have and maintain dozen of distros patches.

Thanks for any help about debian packages and sorry for my band english.

Are there some news about new xen packages for debian?

I did some small improvements to latest xen's ubuntu packages:
https://github.com/Fantu/pkg-xen

If you have not had the time I could try to update the debian packages by making a first draft and testing them (excluding test the arm hypervisor on which I have not sufficient knowledge).

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

I did a draft of xen 4.4 packages for debian starting from 4.4.0-0ubuntu5 plus some changes. I included the close of some bugs in changelog but surely there will be more resolved to be added.
I tested build on sid and was successfull.
During the week when I have time I'll make the buildon a clean sid and I'll test thepackages.
I'll probably do other improvements.

The draft I did with all changes are here:
https://github.com/Fantu/pkg-xen/tree/debian-next

Any feedback is appreciated.

I could not try it on sid because it is not installed sid on my test Dell PE server due to a kernel3.14 regression.
I tried it on wheezy for now:
https://github.com/Fantu/pkg-xen/tree/wheezy-backports

------------------------------------
Result of my tests:
---
Tested:
dom0 architecture amd64 on intel cpu: ok
domUs pv and hvm (with pv drivers): ok
xl: ok
pygrub: ok
vnc: ok
spice: ok
usbredir: ok
save/restore: ok
qdisk: ok
---
Not tested:
dom0 architectures i386, armhf and arm64
xend/xm
ocaml (with xapi)
---
------------------------------------

I added xen-users to cc if someone want help me to test and improve the packages. Below there are some notes for easy and fast test the packages on wheezy, even if the comments are in italian the used commands should be enough, important notes are seabios install from backports before creating the xen packages and installqemu after recompiling it with the latest xen libraries.

CREARE PACCHETTI XEN E TUTTI GLI ALTRI UFFICIALI DA BACKPORTS
-------------------------
aptitude install build-essential git devscripts
---
# Attivazione backports
vi /etc/apt/sources.list # Aggiungere le seguenti righe
deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main non-free contrib deb-src http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main non-free contrib
---
# ! Installare pacchetti seabios da backports
aptitude -t wheezy-backports install seabios
# Installare altre dipendenze per la build di xen
aptitude install python-dev bcc gcc-multilib e2fslibs-dev iasl ipxe-qemu libaio-dev libglib2.0-dev libgnutls-dev liblzma-dev libncurses5-dev libpci-dev libyajl-dev libssl-dev pkg-config uuid-dev zlib1g-dev ocaml-nox dh-ocaml ocaml-findlib
# Installare dipendenze runtime xen
aptitude install gawk
---
wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xen/xen_4.4.0.orig.tar.gz
tar -xpzf xen_4.4.0.orig.tar.gz
git clone https://github.com/Fantu/pkg-xen.git
cd pkg-xen/
git checkout wheezy-backports
cp debian/ ../xen-4.4.0/
cd ../xen-4.4.0/
debuild -i -b -us -uc
cd ..
dpkg -i libxen-4*.deb libxen-dev*.deb libxenstore3*.deb xen-hypervisor-4.4*.deb xenstore-utils*.deb xen-utils-*.deb
---
# Installare dipendenze da bpo
aptitude -t wheezy-backports install libusbredirparser-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libspice-protocol-dev libspice-server-dev
# Installare altre dipendenze
aptitude install device-tree-compiler libasound2-dev libattr1-dev libbluetooth-dev libbrlapi-dev libcap-dev libcap-ng-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfdt-dev libiscsi-dev libpulse-dev libsasl2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libssh2-1-dev libvdeplug-dev xfslibs-dev libjpeg8-dev libpng12-dev # Ricompilare pacchetti qemu da backports, purtroppo necessario per librerie xen differenti wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qemu/qemu_2.0.0+dfsg.orig.tar.xz wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qemu/qemu_2.0.0+dfsg-4~bpo70+1.debian.tar.gz
tar -xpJf qemu_2.0.0+dfsg.orig.tar.xz
tar -xpzf qemu_2.0.0+dfsg-4~bpo70+1.debian.tar.gz
mv debian/ qemu-2.0.0+dfsg/
cd qemu-2.0.0+dfsg/
debuild -i -b -us -uc
dpkg -i qemu-system-x86*.deb qemu-system-common*.deb qemu-keymaps*.deb qemu-utils*.deb