Re: [Xen-users] Booting dom0 on OMAP5432 board

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 10:27 -0400, John Paul Walters wrote:

> I'm trying to boot Xen 4.4.0 (release) on an OMAP5432 board by
> following the directions at:

> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/OMAP5432_uEVM

> The directions don't mention a Xen version or Kernel version.  The
> output that I've included below is from Xen 4.4.0 with a 3.13.9
> zImage.  I've also tried just pulling the most recent Xen bits and the
> 3.15.0-rc5 kernel, and I get the same results.

> (XEN) Freed 236kB init memory.

This is the point where you would normally start to see dom0 output.

Have you enabled the XEN HVC driver in your kernel and passed
console=hvc0 to the kernel?

If you have then you could trying pressing CTRL-A three times to enable
Xen debug keys, then try various keys to see if you can see if/where
dom0 has crashed ('h' lists them, 'q' is a good one, there is also one
to dump the dom0 state).

After that I think it would be a case of adding calls to xen_raw_printk
in the kernel and building a hypervisor with debuging enabled to get
some kernel output -- which will hopefully show where things go wrong.