[Xen-users] Memory allocation for PV regarding iommu

Hello

I'm trying to run a Dom0 with a couple of PV debians (and one HVM) which do PCI passthrough, and a couple that don't.

Depending on the order that the DomU's are created in I might get the infamous: "Kernel panic - not syncing: Failed to get contiguous memory for DMA from Xen!"

I can reorder them (in /etc/xen/auto/) to start the PCI passthrough ones first then I can get the DMA memory that I need, however...

I don't want to start for instance the HVM first, since it steals my graphics card, and in turn my console... since I'm in a habit of messing up my system, that is a bad idea, to run that one first. Actually I don't want to run the HVM of one of the PV's all the time.

So my question is:

Running xen 4.1 (from debian wheezy) and linux 3.7.4, is there a way to indicate that the memory for some PV's should be taken from the "far" end on the memory, since they don't have the iommu memory need.

Alternatively is there a way of reclaiming the graphicscard/console in Dom0 when it has been in a DomU?
I've tried the remove_slot,unbind,modprobe i915 - but that results in a:
WARNING: at drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c:1303 ironlake_crtc_enable+0x2f7/0xcee [i915]()
Hardware name:
transcoder assertion failed, should be off on pipe A but is still active
---8<---
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x64

But nothing on the console (tried to switch vt)

Yours
 Morten