Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough to PV guest - domU kernel panic when using iommu=soft

It's working now! However, the command line params to set the maximum dom0 memory do not work for me. Instead I had to execute

xm mem-set Domain-0 512M

right after startup. After that I could go on and start the domU.

One more note on Ubuntu 12.04: In order to access the passed PCI device,  I had to compile the XEN PCI frontend driver into the kernel. The PCI backend driver is compiled into the kernel as well. I didn't make any efforts to checker whether the system runs with the PCI backend loaded as module.

best regards and thanks for your support,
Christian