[Xen-users] Anyone managed to build 4.1.2 from source on Debian Squeeze?

Hi list,

It seems a pretty simple goal, but my build hangs forever at:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xen-4.1.2/stubdom'
sh ./docs/check_pkgs && make -C docs install || true
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xen-4.1.2/docs'
latex src/user.tex >/dev/null

I could leave it for weeks and it would never progress past that step.  I don't particularly want the docs on these systems so perhaps I could skip them in the build process, but it'd be nice to determine why it hangs and be able to build everything.

This is a fresh, fully updated Squeeze machine (x86_64), just installed three hours ago.  Did I miss a dependency for Xen to build the docs here?  (and if so, why does the doc build hang forever instead of failing out if a dep is missing?)

aptitude install build-essential bridge-utils vlan ethtool ifenslave zlib1g-dev python-dev ncurses-dev libssl-dev uuid-dev pciutils-dev texinfo texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-recommended texlive-fonts-extra texlive-fonts-recommended transfig iasl bin86 bcc libx11-dev gettext gawk bridge-utils libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev bzip2 module-init-tools tgif python-twisted libvncserver-dev libsdl1.2-dev libjpeg62-dev libbz2-dev e2fslibs-dev ocaml bison flex ocaml-findlib libtext-template-perl libconfig-inifiles-perl libfile-slurp-perl

cd /usr/src
tar zxf xen-4.1.2.tar.gz
cd xen-4.1.2
make world

... the build will run fine for quite some time, before finally hanging on the docs ...