[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.1.2 + gentoo-sources-3.3.0: cannot open root device sddX
- To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:55:52 +0200
- Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:57:18 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=O8KjsN9HTMsQMFoLSJwdcvOFQHpcVQQ3MNZfB5kXpl8=; b=0OcUQ7eRD6MEnl/ccTj3/B/fbt1UtsxSvoGCd4JPcPpRdzwKHu5BBk1LtSJwqflMad Q4k+oyGH69aNSITb3bMskeqKsD7BbsVfkySvHpaYJjWpG5G7SbKDiOzq+zCGArSGrvuY uWLlhXMn/f1QK+tL5DxByhzotz9DEzrc6+VRLwWLWHirBbpuuWsjExkyOve2vTRRqRXn Y4vR57mQfUCUaqxsrEx4g4H608t1CyoVzTOzEBKhS5Tt3i/+Q72k0iOY5mxl9s+DUDmw XzkOyyoen9tet+yq7+s1Wwf+W/lT5uq5lRbVW8NPKxbmD2+hgb7iZ7fdf4VgwSfAEBYp ucTA==
- List-id: Xen user discussion <xen-users.lists.xen.org>
On 27 March 2012 12:26, Benjamin Schweikert <b.schweikert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> could you please replace the device (e.g. /dev/sdd4) by the UUID in
> the grub.cfg and fstab?
thank you for replying.
I've replaced this line in grub.conf
module /vmlinuz-3.3.0-gentoo root=/dev/sdd4 rootdelay=10
with this one:
and this line in /etc/fstab
/dev/sdd4 / ext4
noatime 0 1
UUID=a549c8f6-2f5f-4cf0-a3d0-bcac33a09594 / ext4
noatime 0 1
But, even if the modification in /etc/fstab works (without the grub.conf
modification), the system doesn't
want to boot when I also modify the grub.conf, and this happens on
both kernels: 3.2.6 (the working one) and 3.3.0.
Is some kernel module missing for the use of UUID in grub.conf?
I use grub 0.97-r10.
By the way: this is what happens when I boot the system both after and
before trying to use UUID.
Note that I have a laptop with 2 SSDs inside and I am booting from an
external USB device.
sda and sdb are recognized correctly.
this time the USB drive is going to be detected as sdc (so if I would
have passed the
root=/dev/sdc4, the system could have booted, but I cannot know how the system
rendomly detects the external usb disk each time)
This time I don't know what happened. Is only sda detected?
again, as for boot1.
No changes have been done between reboots.
I see that with 3.2.6 the external disk is detected as sdd (and this
is another issue I cannot
explain to myself, since the first sdX available is sdc not sdd),
while with 3.3.0, sometime
it attempts to detect as sdc...
I am really confused.
Xen-users mailing list