[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Cannot Start Linux Paravirtualized (PV) Guests with Xen 4.2-unstable
- To: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <singapore.mr.teo.en.ming@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:11:56 +0800
- Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Teo En Ming \(Zhang Enming\)" <singapore.mr.teo.en.ming@xxxxxxxxx>, "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:13:33 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=pzQ/dm4746mrmzDe/HnJhjuZ1jfTsOJ2S5AceHgHhTY=; b=Ldk6bFaJZzBUDg2I8BASKYJ9dlcxYkh6eHiTBLWkcpRXpj+U1eWk85qW0QKtWxzDra cukOPtj+l4DctkOZCkswfEM9i5jf4zSTrV7sQDWrZMl2UB7aOMwmIVDE6dV5pRKP7uyZ 9I4r1MOEMWRFKjJY13k9/X/h/OFcCu381OgPphrKUQnFPPB84WLpKJam/Qo6P1Zn+OQ5 DIxSjkoGaPnRdvFtN/v7BoMu5LAuLOi/ZmlHsWoZdtyMwKUyScLyxZXm8ngd/I5qzHU+ At2YTPG/086Xh5eEIiS3eZrJWk0DbhOsivbyak6RjZPZIw+GDbRZ9/7iUfTgHTFh5xmg 82mw==
- List-id: Xen user discussion <xen-users.lists.xen.org>
On 19/03/2012 21:59, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 10:09 +0000, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
I have found a bug with xl in Xen 4.2-unstable changeset 25070.
When I try to start Linux paravirtualized guests in Xen 4.2-unstable,
they CANNOT start at all and exit IMMEDIATELY.
I have looked at your original mails and there are many different
configuration snippets and so it is not 100% clear to me what you are
actually running to provoke this error. Also you provided all of the
logs from under /var/log/xen but it is not clear which ones correspond
to the occasion when you saw the failure (many of those logs are rotated
logs from previous xl invocations).
Please can you provide a single guest configuration file which
demonstrates the issue which you are seeing and the output of running
"xl -vvv create -c<cfg>" for that precisely that<cfg> file. Please
also attach exactly the /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<name>.log
and /var/log/xen/xl-<name>.log produced by exactly that invocation of
When I switched to Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre, Linux PV guests start
successfully, albeit with a change to the disk parameter in the xl
What change did you have to make?
This is a bug with xl in Xen 4.2-unstable.
1. Linux PV guests cannot start in Xen 4.2-unstable changeset 25070 at all.
2. When I switch over to Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre, Linux PV guests start
successfully. I merely changed the disk = [ ' ' ] parameter because the
configuration syntax is slightly different between Xen 4.1.x and Xen
I will be attaching my How To / tutorial / documentation shortly.
Please take note of this bug in xen-unstable.hg.
Thank you very much.
Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Xen-users mailing list