[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-users] XAPI logging options (XenServer, XCP)
- To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:46:16 +0100
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx designates 10.43.45.10 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx; dkim=pass header.i=florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:47:24 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=nD7kCExsJz5gSN/np/sKrzqDc5dN//xpUOTy7GbrQRM=; b=VIcc8dekyPjQ/XxEiUDRqzCz4f298lhDC/YbPfpzM98Wp8HuqlUjKZpFA9z5mfVEmt 5bCUVmTzcMiQA4kg3rjHFoFuZCE9WP60QYIawjSsubxTPLR6xFOqsvw30yMbTFKYGV6S nJGU6MeHY5SsZSXC52EdjaTUEeizjjU1uX7efDWMczJT1cKpi8Q5NgTKApOZSFl1inzr pbT7KNsMjG0RBZcAAlE2jpijYNVs364cIyT8YkZbbaJ5NlITlWfl10BDEJHwWftcDzHi auV7cF0rfKZ0Nb6ECf5abE8w2tM7vetfNK4syCNf4Nr1JHrUK1cc/J1wU3nBhHpoJATj 2HJA==
- List-id: Xen user discussion <xen-users.lists.xen.org>
I've been asked about ways to reduce the output volume of xapi to
I know everyone agrees that it's quite verbose and in fact, by
default, it's set to log at "debug" level, which is not right for
I have looked at xe log-set-output [key=xapi] level=debug output=nil
but this doesn't just disable the debug messages. It drops all
Ideally I'd want to suppress notice,debug,info and give them a
reliable way to stop and enable these messages.
I've also seen that the setting is lost on reboot - does anyone know
if that is intentional?
If this stuff is all not relevant for XCP, then I'll just have them
take it to Citrix, but I'm really afraid I'll be seeing the same on
XCP the next time I install it. (Didn't run it for a while, maybe
In xm that was all sorted with one setting in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp)
What have *you* people done to adjust logging on XCP?
I'm aware that the Citrix recommendation is to leave things as they
are so that there will be some support info available. The people who
asked me about it actually lost their pool master because the logging
blew up /var. Since Citrix also doesn't support doing anything
worthwhile to monitor the server this is all quite annoying And So I
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and
copied by the kvm devs.
Xen-users mailing list