Re: [Xen-users] vif = [ ' ' ] vs. vif0 = [ ' ' ] in HVM DomU configuration file

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping to get an understanding on what the difference between using a
> vif vs. a vif0 line in the HVM DomU configuration file was?
>
> Is vif0 actually legal?

I don't think so. Do you have a working network emulated network card
inside domU? Non-existing configuration items in old-style config file
does not cause error, but simply ignored.

> I was getting the "vif could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working"
> error, and by changing vif to vif0 corrected the problem, immediately.
>
> Also in my windows XP guest I see an unknown PCI device. Is this possibly
> the network card?

No. It's Xen PCI device. Once you have driver for that (using PV
drivers), you'll be able to get additional PV hardware (NIC and disk
controller).

--
Fajar