[Xen-users] Live Migration of HVM under high load

  • To: Xen Users List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tait Clarridge <tait@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:22:19 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:25:31 -0800

Hello List,

Has anyone done a live migration for an HVM Windows domU running Windows
Server 2003 that is using ~85% CPU usage across 4 cores?

This is a high priority production box and we need to plan some
maintenance/downtime for it. Are there any issues anyone has encountered
while moving servers that are such a high cpu load? Can a VM become
corrupted from a botched migration?

I haven't done a lot of live migration with HVM domU's and do not have a
test environment using the same setup we have running on our production
machines to replicate the migration.

Thanks,
Tait