Re: [Xen-users] using encrypted swap & tmpfs in Xen DomUs ?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM, PGNet <pgnet.trash+xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Generally speaking best practices on standalone hosts should be apply on
>> domU hosts.
>
> Sure, in general.
>
> But I'm looking for any Xen 'gotchas', in partuclar, performance
> related issues due to 'communication & traffic' between xen/hypervisor
> components.

None that I know of.
Encrypting a partition (including swap) should not add any additional
I/O between dom0 and domU. The penalty would be on CPU, but if you can
live with it on standalone boxes then it will be the same on domUs.

Regards,

Fajar