RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] pv_ops: ministate.h typo fix

  • To: "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:20:37 +0800
  • Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:22:24 -0700

Isaku Yamahata wrote:
> Hi Eddie.
> The attached patches does many things. Could you explain?
>
> - convert cover argument in SAVE_MIN_WITH_COVER(_R19) into COVER.
>   This seems correct. I'll take this part.
>
> - convert __COVER argument into COVER.
>   Using conflicting argument is a bad practice.

This is what original Linux uses, I think we don't need to convert from
COVER to __COVER which I guess you think it is as a cover instruction.

> - shuffle instructions of XEN_BSW_1 and xen DO_XEN_MIN().
>   Is this for producing better bundles? Please ellaborate on this.
>   If so, I'll take as another patch.

??? Which code are u talking for?

> - churning header file inclusion.
>   I need to rethink to do this with another mail you posted as
>   where to compile. I'll answer it to that mail.
>   I'm now inclined to move ia64/kernel/minstate.h under
>   include/asm-ia64/native/.

This is not in my patch, right?
If you want to remove it back & forth, can u do after my queueing
patch is taken or modified since rebase is headache.

Thanks, eddie