Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch] ia64: kexec: add __va_efi

Hi Simon,

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:32 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> that is great news!
>
> I think that patch 13 is an error (on my part) and it should be dropped.
>
> Can you confirm that 1-12,14,15,__va_efi also works on superdome?
> You mentioned some PAL problems in your previous email. Are these
> still a problem?

   Yes, I tested these on the superdome and it booted.  I instrumented
the PAL calls, not expecting dropping patch 13 to solve the problem, so
I should probably go back and remove the instrumentation before
declaring total victory.  I can't speak to whether kexec actually works
anywhere, but I think a kexec enabled xen is at least not a regression
now.

> I have spent a bit of time poking around to see extra places
> where __va_efi() may be needed. I have found a bunch of places
> were we pass in __va() addresses into pal/sal/efi calls, but
> I think that these are all safe as the appropriate fault handlers
> are in place. In any case, I will poke around a bit more.

   Great.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.